Morinville Community Recreation Facility Exterior Photo
Phase 1 of the Community Recreation Facility project will:
• Sustain the provision of one indoor ice in Morinville.
• Enhance wellness and physical activity opportunities by providing space for walking/running and fitness programming.
• Provide indoor multi-purpose space to meet programming needs for indoor soccer, basketball, volleyball and a variety of other programs.
• Provide an emergency reception center
Construction Update (as of February 13, 2018):
- The CAO and Administration are meeting on a regular basis with Clark Builders and Stantec Architecture.
- Construction of pilings and grade beam has been completed.
- Building permits have been received allowing Clark Builders to proceed with erecting the structure and change that landscape.
- Next step is to obtain electrical, plumbing and gas permits.
At the June 27, 2017 Regular Meeting of Council, one motion was moved:
- That Council approve modifying the scope of the regional recreation centre project to include a field house with a total cost of $24.3 million.
At the June 20, 2017 Special Meeting of Council, four motions were moved:
- That Council direct Administration to add to the June 27, 2017 Regular Meeting of Council a discussion on expanding the scope of the regional recreation centre project to include a field house with funding options and details.
- That Council present information to Sturgeon County on expanding scope of regional recreation centre project to include a field house with funding options and details at their June 27, 2017 meeting for consideration and discussion before the IAC meeting.
- That Council direct Administration to add funding request to the July 4 IAC meeting agenda.
- That Council direct Administration to add disbanding the IAC Sub-committee to the July 4 IAC meeting agenda.